Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Case of the Missing Daft Punk

O light of my life where could you be?
A new year's resolution, can't you see?

My vow was to follow you across the sea,
In my home town I had missed you, unfortunately.


People sang praises about your show,
Said it was the best thing ever, (like I really wanted to know).

Come January 1st, 2008
I vow to somehow see you, before it's too late.

I travel to Paris, your city, your home,
Across the Parisian streets I look and I roam.




Not a sight in Montemarch, not a sight in Fauchon,
Not a sight in coffee houses, I'm becoming forlorn.




"Do they have a regular gig," I ask my Parisian friend.
"Er who are they?" was the reply at the end.

As 2008 draws to a close,
I don't know where you're playing, and nobody knows.

The clock is ticking, drawing the year to an end.
My resolution was stupid, before it began.

Happy new year, Daft Punk!

xoxo Closetblonde

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home