Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sights of Corcaigh and Contae Corcaigh

Note: Unlike Philadelphia, it is not always sunny in Cork. I just basically ran out with my camera every time the sun was shining.
Which wasn't very often.


In Cork city, the intelligent people insure their liver.

After all, nobody assures your liver like Royal Liver Assurance.


Cork's main industry is.....
?!?Brewing stouts maybe? (My aunty always asks me about this and then I tell her that I'm not sure, and that I'm going to google it, and then I end up forgetting to do so until she goes asking me again. So somebody please google it for me please. Maybe it was cork, hence why the city is called Cork, har har.)


Cork at its most artistic....



Scenes from county Cork:

Above: Moo cows in Kanturk.

The Shamrock house, Kilcorney. Plays into every Irish stereotype....
.....but makes a damn good landmark when all rural roads seem to be basically unnamed, and your instructions on how to get to people's houses include: go past the grave yard and about 300 yards you'd pass a house with some dog pillars, and then you turn left after that, and then go up the hill and then turn right after you see the white bungalow.....

The old, derelict castle that seems to be in almost every small little country town. The one below can be found in Lismore.

If this was in the UK, they would have set up an admission booth charging:
1. 8 pounds a pop to go and have a look see,
2. An additional 5 pounds for an audio guide.
3. Guided tours with a tour guide dressed in an Olde English costume (with tail coat and curly white wig to boot) for 16 pounds (admission price included, naturally).


Scenes from little M town, (population 9 thousand....)
Yeah, can you hear me running down the road, tearing my hair out and screaming.....

First things first, my car and my house :)

Scenes from my neighbourhood.


My local river walk


Yeah, with the deer and the nature all around, I am kept sane by the broadband and Project Runway..... (A couple nights ago, I actually dreamt I was on Project Runway Australia. I had chosen Lee as my partner and was trying to figure out how to sew a kimono style jacket. Yeah, even in my dream I still couldn't sew.)

And every afternoon over summer, the tune of Yankee Doodle can be heard coming from my street.....
Every afternoon aside from Friday, that is, as I think Yankee Doodle is doodling down at the local pub.

I swear one of my neighbours owns an ice cream truck. That thing is like the pan piper. I laughed at it until I saw a whole entire horde of children come running (out of nowhere) from multiple directions on foot, bicycles and tricycles.... I wanted to take a photo of the kids, but I thought I might be mistaken for a paedophile.....

And finally, the saddest car award goes to.....

Does this mean that somewhere in China, there are people with modified cars that have random English words plasted on it such as, "the", "it", and "is".....? Rhetorical question only. No need to respond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home