Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Australian Open


When I walked out in my blue Lacoste shirt and vintage tennis skirt, my cousin asked me whether I was playing tennis that day :)


(Above: When the sun get hot, one reaches for their battery operated tennis ball spray/fan)

Seen on Margaret Court:
Simona Halep (ROU) v. Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) [12]

*Yawn* boring..

Alexandr Dolgopolov (UKR) v. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga [13]

Five sets with the underdog beating seeded Tsonga

John Isner (USA) [20] v. Marin Cilic (CRO) [15]

Isner, with his record breaking Wimbledon game last year, almost had another record breaking match at the Australian open. It was a case of both being capable in defending their serves, but nobody being capable of beating each other's serve. After five sets, two tie-breakers, with the sun setting and everybody's tummies rumbling, it was finally over after four hours and forty-five minutes.


The crowd went wild cheering at match point, but I think the main driving force was dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home