Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Opportunity to Shop in..... Geelong, Hawthorn & Camberwell

There were no finds in Brunswick last weekend. I find Savers overwhelmingly full of crap. It is highly regarded as a good place to thirft though, although I never seem to find anything except for crap.

I got the chance to pop into one of the Vinnies in Geelong on my 15 minute break, and ended up finding another tea cup and saucer to add to my collection.



It was one of those  very quick "in and out" sort of purchases. When I got home, I noticed that it has 22 carat gold stamped as a part of the China watermark. Genuine? Not sure, but I do like the pattern.




I also went thirfting with cousin YM around Hawthorn and Camberwell this weekend. Clothing wise, vintage is pretty difficult to come by. Clothing tends to be new second hand in fairly decent brands such as Espirt, Sass & Bide and Diesel. I ended buying a pair of Sass & Bide jeans (there's no need to take them up because they obviously belonged to some short arse like me,) & a grey American Apparel dress. I did come across two vintage hand bags - the "sea shell" one still had its retro 70's Strandbag tag and a cream Oroton evening bag. I haven't found an evening bag I've liked since the one I had at uni (yes, that long ago,) which I had to throw out about 6 years ago as it was falling apart.


I've also decided to extend my retro  homewares to plates which I will mix and match with some common element in order for them to look cohesive. It's just dawn on me that I don't know whether these plates are microwave or dishwasher safe. The Japanese cups were just an impulse buy ($4 for the set) which will actually come in handy for my green tea.


Next outing will be to Windsor and Pahran.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home