Tuesday, November 01, 2011

What I Wore Today: The Melbourne Cup Edition

The Vibe: Old Manor House English Tea Party
Head Piece: Made frantically a few hours before the London Elektricity Gig, the night prior to the races. Ivy vine, velvet rose and butterflies courtesy from the world of Ebay. Call it my "spring in the garden" look.

 
 In the Fashion World according to Closetblonde, I firmly believe that most store bought fasicnators (ie: random feathers sticking out in all sorts of strange angles) make you look like you've had an altercation with a birds nest after going smack first into a tree; not to mention most look very MOB.
Cream Dress with Lace Detail:  Thrifted from a vintage store in Amsterdam. (Judging from the size of the people over there, I suspect that it may have been a child's dress.) 
Shoes (or rather boots): My faux croc Jimmy Choo/Hunter wellington boots. 
Heels + trudging through muddy grounds = not cool.

I'd never win the Myers Fashion on the Field competition, but then again, I don't think I'm mainstream enough to care.

In other news, I also picked the winning horse!!! Go Dunaden!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home