Friday, October 26, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Touching down in Melbourne city, I am thankful for the following:
1) Being back in a city where every other person isn't gawking at me and yelling, "Where are you from?", and then being unable to answer (inevitable) questions about, "But how can you be Australian when you are Chinese?" (Try answering the latter when your Spanish is at a "Mi Nombres es Earl" level.) Being Australian is a nationality and not a race, for crying out, people!

2) My bed complete with thousand thread count (Egyptian cotton) sheets.

3) Having access to a hair dryer & my GHD.

4) Being able to use a toilet that allows me to discard toilet paper down the toilet bowl, and not into a waste paper basket.

5) Having a shower with water pressure.

6) Eating fresh salad, vegetables and fruit (and not having to see rice, fried potato and fried meat served on the same plate ever again).

7) Seven Seeds coffee.

8) Having Barrys Tea with fresh milk and market grade honey.

9) Catching up with friends and family. (Did everybody miss me?)

10) Knowing that I'm not faced with another day of lounging around airports and boarding planes. (HAV => LIM => SAL => LAX => SYD => MEL was a bitch and I literally lost Wednesday during the Trans-Pacific flight. Thank God for business class lounges.)


For some reason, I have a strange craving for vegemite on toast (with lots of butter). With that saying, I think I need to pay a visit to Babka. 

Until next time, signing off, The Not So Lonely Planet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home