Saturday, January 29, 2011

176 Kilometres from Nowhere in a Town called Bendigo

When I set foot in this town, some guy asks for my number,
From across the street he shouts, the biggest social blunder


The guy who runs the Chinese shop has up and left to retire,
"I've gone fishing, the cook's been let go, with no plans to re-hire."

On Thursday I meet homeless Claude, who's drunk by half past four.
I am told, he has a nice home,
But hates a place with doors
\
We drive through country wilderness and almost hit a koala,
My colleague swerves, we lose our nerve and both let out a holler.

The lakes have been dry for many years but are now filled with water,
The roads are muddy and full of holes,
Caused by floods from across the boarder.

It's a typical country town
Where people know each other,
But if anonymity is what you crave
Melbourne city's is what you'd rather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home