Sunday, April 08, 2007

Enid Blyton's "Indian Summer"

When the weather gets to about 22C, and the sun is shining, Londoners head down to Hyde Park to tan a nice shade of..... Lobster red. (Or "roast beef" as my other English cousin "The Accountant" would say. Come on girls, you don't fool me with your pumpkin orange fake tan in the middle of winter......)



The above pic is proof that England does get sunny weather.....sometimes. Me, the proverbial sun avoider in Australia ("I'm burning, I'm burning!") is now lapping up any oopportunity to sit in the sun (gasp). I want to go on more sunny beach holidays.... Nice little afternoon meeting my cousin again after 17 years..... So this is what Enid Blyton meant by a "warm summer's day".... (I don't believe the "they were burnt as brown as gypsies"....more like peeling.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home