Saturday, March 17, 2007

Beautiful Paris

Oh Paris, Paris….. There’s something just intoxicatingly beautiful and charming about the place……

(Arch de Triomphe)

The Vibe: Parisian old meets new.

The women ooze with sophistication and are well dressed in an “understated chic” sort of way.

You know you’re in Paris when…you can buy a crepe every 100 metres.

You know you're in Paris when...you pretend that you cannot speak English to avoid being swindled.

(Above: I'd be crying too if I had a seagull permanently stuck on my head...)

The Good: My scrumptious chocolate dessert which even had gold flakes to boot. (These damn pharmaceutical company make way too much money.) Both R. and my manager had the exact same look when I told them about the dessert - it was as though they wanted to “harvest” me. (Reminded me of the fable about the chicken who laid the golden eggs…..) Sadly, that dessert really was the highlight of my trip - (yes, it was that good to the point that I sometimes still dream about it. Typical of me who is food obsessed......)

The Bad: Watch your back – petty thieves are plentiful in Paris – which is why I conveniently do not speak English in that city.

The Ugly: Having to spend 8 hours on the uncomfortable airport bench waiting for my aunt to arrive on a delayed flight. (Note that Charles de Gaulle airport is one of the worst airports to be stuck waiting for somebody.)

And just to prove that I did attempt to do a few touristy things – note the Eiffel Tower (my pathetic attempt to capture it in the background).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home