Sunday, April 19, 2009

Today I Did Nothing

And I feel totally guilty about it. On any free weekend, I feel like I should be furthering myself creatively - there's two screen plays to complete, feathered fascinators to make, photoshop and photography skills to learn, and my Irish tax to sort out..... And then I wake up today (around 8:15am) and bascially spend the whole morning until mid afternoon aimlessly surfing the net, and watching nostalgic re-runs of my childhood ABC Canadian highschool kids' show. I'm not going to say which one it is but anyone born in the early '80's will know which show I'm talking about. "All the way with Stephanie Kaye." (I currently have the movie on pause on Youtube. Never even realised that they made a feature-length movie to continue off from where the last season ended - score!) And somewhere mid afternoon, I took a cat nap - falling asleep while watching one of the many re-runs. Sometimes I wish I were a cat. That way I could legitimately sleep a third of my nine lives away and look absolutely adorable doing so too.

In between, I have eaten some Maggi curry instant noodles (the ones in Ireland don't quite taste the same as the ones back in Oz or Singapore,) four crackers with haloumi cheese & sundried tomatoes, and a bowl of cereal with soy milk. There's also been cups of tea and apple juice diluted with water. The motivation to eat isn't even there - although what I've eaten is nearly all fat (which is not a good thing as I'm trying to get rid of muffin top), combined with the fact that I've hardly done any exercise; let alone moved. I am the epitome of sloth this weekend.

I considered going to the gym for my 11am class, but ended up not going as over here in fat-arse Ireland, gym classes are usually cancelled because nobody turns up. (Meanwhile in Australia, you need to book as classes are always full, and the gym instructors are tanned, lean, mean machines who yell at you when you fail to keep moving your lardy arse.) It's just been an unmotivating day. It's also depressing to know that no matter how much exercise you do, cellulite doesn't disappear, and neither do muffin tops. You're just more likely to lose everything around your boobs (and in my case, this is dire as I have none to speak of :p). The good news is, I've dropped a kilo - although I'm not entirely sure whether this is just because I've lost the big coat and one layer of clothing. I'm still not quite at the "I don't weigh enough to donate blood to the Red Cross" yet. Women always say that I'm not fat and that I don't need to lose weight, but that's only because a) they're fatter than me (it's all relative,) and b) everybody's taller than me so of course they're going to be bigger than me. The day I hit fifty kilos, I'm going to send myself to fat camp.

Well, I did do a load of washing (changed my bedsheets and pillow cases), and did a load of handwashing (basically the last of my beanies, scarves and gloves) - so it better not start snowing again in Ireland. The big coat went for dry cleaning two weeks ago and I refuse on principle to remove it out of its plastic dry cleaning cover. It is April after all - where the hell is "summer"?! Meanwhile, my dad tells me that it's 30 degrees over in P town.

Then comes 9pm and then I panic. I've basically wasted a day of my life. Then I vacuum the whole house to try and make up for it. I'm not sure whether I should permit myself to be so unproductive. Is this normal? Currently making myself chips (fresh cut potatoes drizzled in olive oil, oven baked until a crisp). Add chilli cashew dukka to the mix - mmm, almost as good as McDonald's fries with the soft served icecream cone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home