Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cork on Ice

Cork's indoor Christmas ice skating rink closed and relocated outside in the new year. My flight from London => Cork was diverted to Shannon (160km away). I then had to spend 3 1/2 hours on a bus (with extremely cold air conditioning) to get to Cork airport.

(Above: Cork Airport, covered ankle deep in snow.
Below: The front of my car.)

As you can see, my car was covered in about 15 centimetres of snow, and had to be dug out of it's parking lot.
(Below: Scenes from the neighbourhood & my backyard)


I have yet to sit outside on that bench in the sun.

No surprise that I called in sick to work the next day.

Scrap the floatie campaign and bring on the ice skates (and more importantly, the ice skating lessons). Come on people, dig deep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home