Monday, October 22, 2007

Random Shots of London

Day out in Greenwich (marking the last "warm" day for London 2007)


(Above: "Keep Fit and Cycle Day" - what Brazilian dancers have to do with it, I'm not entirely sure....)


(Marketing at the local Greenwich Markets where I ate a very substandard arancini.... Well, what do I expect after eating home made ones in Pompei I suppose....)

And then it was down to our local (and famous) flower market (scoring the undivided attention of numerous the flower sellers who were not use to seeing "Orientals" around....the incorrigible flirts! By flirts I mean them, not me! :p) before hitting Brick Lane for some Sunday morning browsing. Note that I still have not forgiven Indian people for stealing my identity..... (They're not asian, I'm asian! Being labelled "Oriental" just sounds strange.....)



Traisping in the North West of London (around Bakerloo)......



....where I stumbled across my mum's old music school. (The rhyming is really not intentional here!) It would figure that my mother would have lived out west instead of east (like me).



If my grandmother had it her way, I would have studied there. Aside the fact that I may never have been offered a place at the school, (you have to audition to get in, and I think you really have to be pretty damn good;) I found out from one of my cousin's friends who is studying music that the only way to get ahead in the classical music world is to sleep with the conductor. (*Deep breath* ARGH!!!!! CAN YOU IMAGINE ALL THE UNTHINKABLE THINGS I WOULD HAVE HAD TO DO?! I don't even want to comtemplate it....)

Below: Out and about with the London Blading Community..... http://www.lfns.co.uk/



This is officially the BEST I've done in London!!! They have this organised street blading thing on Sundays (appropriately) called the "Sunday Stroll". It starts out from Hyde Park at 2pm (weather permitting) with the route changing from week to week. Bladed 6 miles in total to Battersea via Chelsea and South Kensington. There's just something extremely liberating about blading on actual London main roads, and having marshalls bring traffic to a stand still for you. There were a few impatient motorists who started to blare their horns, and we had the marshalls cheerfully shout to us 250 street bladers, "Just smile and wave!" Thankfully, no falls - even when we were made to blade over cobblestones!


Panda-mania at Gloucester Road tube station...

Deer Spotting in Richmond.....



Boozing at the Gerkin


Catching up with M! Long time no see since 2005....


Out in Canary Wharf..... (I so hate my hair atm. Hair cut required NOW!!)
Add Image


Wining and dining C out in Tower Hill...





Yet another pub with a dodgy name....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home