Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Polyester Party People

OMG - I opened my free London newspaper to find this:


Let me explain: These two polyestered (dirty) old men are partners in crime -
MO: Festival hopping in their leisure suits. ("Leisure Suit Larry's" are out of the retirement village and out for the day.....)

What they are REALLY trying to do: Using their cheesy 70's get-up as an excuse to dirty dance (and dry hump) whoever is silly enough to comply. (Believe me, there are plenty of girls on the lower IQ scale.)

When Last Seen: loveboxweekender (aka Groove Armada)

"So What's the Connection, Closetblonde?"
Funnily enough, would you believe that my cousin and I were at loveboxweekender and saw these guys dancing at the front of the stage?

"Ew," we said. And then the next thing I knew, F. was screaming her head off and running away - naturally, I was a tad slow on the uptake and only realised why she was running away when I was faced with a face full of gyrating polyster. (At least F. didn't try to use me as a human shield like somebody else once did.) The next few minutes was something out of a slapstick comedy - us running around in a circle shrieking, with polyestered men gyrating their hips chasing us. (The strategic thing for them to do would have been for one to chase us in an anticlockwise direction, and the other to go in a counter clockwise direction. Luckily they didn't think of that, huh.)

So why didn't I mention this in my Groove Armada post?
Let's just say I've had worse happen to me at a festival..... Besides, this is pretty much a standard occurence :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home